me gusta ensenar en base a compartir las experiencias vividas a lo largo de mi carrera y las funciones dentro de la industria ocupadas, mayormente como Gerente de Ingenieria
Soy Ingeniero Industrial con especialidad en sistemas de manufactura y con maestria en ing admva , especialista en Lean mfg & arranques de planta introduciendo y lanzando nuevos productos considerando las validaciones requeridas de acuerdo a las regulaciones existentes para la industria medica
• Master’s Degree as Administrative Engineering
• Bachelor of Science as Industrial Engineering –Manufacturing Systems
Modern Safety Management certification by DNV
ISRS & IERS (International Safety and Environmental Rating System) auditing certification by DNV
Lean Manufacturing Certification by UTEP
Green Belt Certification by SSCI
TPM Program-Diplomate TBM Consulting
07/18 – Present Surgical Specialties Mexico (Angiotech) - Project Manager
• led Projects to ensure manufacturability including product costing and validations as per cGMP & ISO 13485/ ISO-11607.
• Directs and manage project development from A to Z, defining project scope and deliverables as per established goals.
• Responsible for project planning activities, development and control, communications management and progress reports.
• Consistently coaches, mentors and motivates team members.
• Other activities included: Capital Investment proposals
02/17 – 07/18 Texas Pallets & Services - Engineering & Quality system Advisor
• Developed, Evaluated and Improved Manufacturing processes & methods for future ISO 9001 certification
• Led the team to a continuous improvement environment/ work force Analysis & utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process, flow charts and production schedules.
• Led lean initiatives Implementation as 5S, TPM, VSM
• Established safety & environmental policies as well as a basic documentation control system.
o ** Key speaker in the Engineering Journals at the NMSU with the conference: Wood Packaging & key manufacturing Improvements along the process flow.
02/16 – 02/17 Medtronic (MMJ S.A de C.V)/ Breathing systems/Airway Management Systems- Advance Manufacturing Engineer (Project Manager)
• Provided input on DFM as core team member on PDP projects.
• Accountable for operations related deliverables (RACI): Mfg. plan, Make/Buy, capacity planning, product cost & validations.
• Application of OpEx methodologies to identify, validate & improve defect sources
• Application of risk management methodologies such as DFMEA & PFMEA.
• Procure & manage contractors/ Adhere to SOP’s & prepare written policies & procedures as well as proposals & reports in accordance with the cGMP/FDA/ISO-13485 guidelines & regulations.
• Led Processes & projects thru MS-project tool/ focus in cost reduction initiatives
• Conducted problem solving techniques as root cause analysis to propose corrective and/or preventive actions Either thru A3 methodology, 8D, Juran, Process Mapping or 5 Why methodology.
08/09 – 02/16 Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua (UACH)
Faculty support member. - (careers of Process Technology & Aerospace Engineering).
Special Course lead: “Quality & Productivity as Manufacturing business success”
08/08– 11/14 CONMED corporation (Chihuahua plant)/ Endoscopy, Endo-surgery & Electrosurgery products Engineering Manager ( Mfg. Engineering, Product transfer/NPI, Maintenance EHS & Pkg Engineering.)
• Led the project teams on new product introductions/transfers. Provided overall leadership & management
• Drive out waste through the deployment of Lean methodology.
• Supported & maintain project review gates, proactively adjusts budgets and resources as appropriate.
• Implemented new process technology & product design on DFM (design for manufacturability) thru DLS system.
• Managed Manufacturing start up (from scratch).
• Led Maintenance & facilities, Dealing with outside contractors & coordinate facility changes
• Interacted with government entities to fulfill the legal requirements for an industrial facility.
• Establish cost reduction/savings project initiatives thru an appropriate Capital investment policy.
• Establish TPM /SMED & Implement OEE, MTTR & MTBF.
• Led root cause analysis and propose corrective and/or preventive actions thru A3 methodology.
• Managed Process & Facilities validation in accordance the QSR-cGMP .
• Led the facility into the EHS regulations, including the Mfg. Process & facility release for full operations.
• Interphase to acquire ISO 13485 certification by TUV –BSI as well as COFEPRIS certification as per NOM 241.
• Led Validation of PVC extruder line & plastic injection molding as per product specification requirements
• Active Participation in Kaizen Events to Improve Processes or systems (participant, Leader & champion)
• Successfully completed Packaging systems update & validation in accordance The ISO 11607.
• Implement basic MOST as work measurement tool to establish labor standards, line balancing & Layout planning.
• BOM structure analysis/ annual labor standard review for budgeting purposes.
• $ 75,000 USD annual savings on warehousing layout plan
• Release 20,000 sq. ft additional of Manufacturing space for new products
• Packaging Harmonization thru the ISO 11607 guidelines, packaging processes standardization
• Lean initiatives implementation & Kaizen event winner in a national contest.
04/04– 08/08 Sanmina SCI (PHILIPS MEDICAL) / Tomography & scanning Equipment (Nuclear Medicine Division ) Engineering team leader
(Manage staff of: product engineering, process engineering & test engineering as well)
• Supported product transfer from Sn. José Ca. To Guadalajara Mx thru NPI Methodology.
• Plant Start up to manufacture in a DFT (Demand Flow Technology) environment, Issuance of Mfg. documentation.
• Labor quote & product cost for new products focus on DFM.
• Led Process & Facility Validation in accordance with medical device manufacturing requirements QSR/cGMP.
• Establishment & Coordinate lean initiatives by process improvement projects.
• Establish MOST as work measurement tool.
• Floor relocation in accordance CFR 820.70 QSR sect 6 Building & Environment / Interphase to get ISO 13485 certification.
• Coordinated Engineering changes (ECO’s) & Capital Expenditures as well.
• Led Supplier technical audits to evaluate casting & Machining for Aluminum 356 & A356 based on ASTM standards.
• Managed First article validation with Metal casting & machining supplier as per Engineering Specifications.
• Established the DFT methodology
• Up and run Mfg. Operations
04/02 to 03/04 Engineering consulting & Training (Villeda Consulting Group)/Lean Initiatives-lean Tools
Independent Consulting activities to the Industry which includes: Engineering studies, processes evaluation & lean manufacturing initiatives/training at the automotive consortium (Juarez/El Paso)
Process Evaluation & lean training to the shoe manufacturer’s chamber at Leon Guanajuato.
Process flow analysis at Haiheng Rubber plastics (Car mats molding at Guangzhou China)
• At Haiheng Rubber plastics. -Raw material allocation system, increase/improve the manufacturing performance in a 14% range & training on lean mfg. techniques to the employees.
23% space reduction & 60% increase on warehousing capacity.
• Article publication titled: “The Hidden China “at the Cathedra Magazine (national magazine for the Technological Institutes)
07/95- 03/02 Mallinckrodt Medical/ Tyco healthcare- / Breathing systems/Airway Management Systems
(Manage staff of: Project Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Safety & Environmental Engineering & plant Engineering (facilities & Mfg equipment maintenance)
• led Product Introduction, processes & equipment transfer.
• led all safety & environmental affairs in Plant 1 & 2.
• Managed building and equipment maintenance, supported Plant II (Airway operations) on equipment allocation/Installation & environmental approvals for Startup, dealing with external utilities companies to expedite site starting operations.
• Implemented line balancing & work measurement for proper labor & square footage usage.
• Led process validation & product changes evaluation.
• Provided 5S training to all personnel as the initial step on lean thinking.
• Managed Budgeting for plant engineering & capital investments as well.
• Led coordination on mfg. subcontractors.
• Provided compliance education (QSR, ISO) to the Engineering team at Juarez organization in support of overall educational strategies
Success Start up for Plant II, Andon (visual Factory) Implementation, plant re-layout eliminating wastes in a 20%,
• Foley Catheter design change from silicon side arm to plastic side arm & from 2 to 3 lumens getting annual savings of $ 450 K USD
• Lean assessment performance, VSM in thermistor area implementing continuous flow with the takt time as pivot. (Result: headcount reduction in 20% & WIP reduction of @ 85 %)
12/94-06/95 Mallinckrodt Medical/ Tyco healthcare - Temperature Systems/Anesthesiology Division Plant Engineering Superintendent
(Manage staff of Plant Engineering, EHS engineering & Mfg Engineering as well)
03/93-12/94 Mallinckrodt Medical/ Tyco healthcare – Temperature Systems/Anesthesiology Division Manufacturing Engineer
• Coordinated product transfer & launching in Startup Juarez operations.
• Set-up the training center facility, installation of machinery & equipment based on FDA requirements.
• Plant start up from scratch & set up the training center facility
• Safety & environmental registrations
• Pull system implementation with a 15 % productivity improvement.
lean manufacturing application and training to all staff members on waste management
¿Buscas clases de administración y organización cerca de casa? Te presentamos una selección de anuncios de profes que te pueden ayudar. Superprof también te puede proponer clases de gestión de proyectos si lo necesitas. Aprender ya no es un problema, ¡encuentra clases de gestión financiera para todos los gustos! Encontrar clases de logística nunca había sido más fácil: vas a adorar aprender.
|En su domicilio||En tu domicilio||Por webcam|